Plumbing is an essential need with respect to the construction of any commercial or residential buildings. It is not just providing the bathroom and kitchen fittings, but the Plumbing Engineering is far beyond that. There are major factors which are undertaken under this section and more importantly the safety of the building against the fire accidents. Recently, there was a major fire accident in the Trump Tower and with an emergency sprinkler; it would have been controlled effectively. Therefore, to overcome these problems, every state government is particular with respect to the fire safety laws and measures.
If one goes deeper, than the NJ Administrative Code Title some of its chapters under the fire protection. The Uniform Fire Code offers various fire protection requirements for commercial or residential buildings in New Jersey. They are divided into four subchapters like:
- The General Provisions:
- The Administrative and Enforcement
- The State Fire Prevention Code
- Fire Safety Code:
The first and the second chapter consist of the aspects of legalizing, administrative, permitting and technical aspects. All, these are specifically characterized with respect to the common areas, net floor area, fire barriers and smoke barriers.
Now, the Fire Safety Protection Code is now modified with respect to some specific functions. There are major changes made in this clause and some notable are:
- Those buildings with one or two families and not covered under this section, they have a specific code.
- That equipment which is not covered by the uniform construction Code comes under the Uniform Fire Code.
- Industrial organizations dealing with flammable liquid storage terminals are specifically covered under the chapter 72 and need high alarm systems.
- The requirements under the NFPA standards must be thoroughly fulfilled by the NJ State fire protection code.
Lastly, the fire safety code implies on the technical requirements with the fire protection systems in NJ buildings.